Live Updates Thank you to all that attended our Annual Meeting this last Saturday!
Who We Are
If you've ever wanted a job in tech but didn't think there were local opportunities available, think again.
Building Tomorrow, Together: Introducing TruLeap's Talented Team
Controller Job Information
Purpose: Support Accounting Department
Filer Mutual Telephone Company is leaping into the future! We are now TruLeap Technologies. Our commitment to providing our customers with high quality, reliable telecommunications services at reasonable prices has not changed but our name has. The last 100+ years have allowed us to grow and become the company we are today. We now provide service throughout the Magic Valley and beyond. Our customers will continue to receive the outstanding service and support they have come to know from us. They are more than just customers – we consider them family!
While staying true to our past, we are leaping towards the future.
Established 1909. Reestablished 2019.
Overall Position Description
Without the strength of our accounting team, we wouldn’t be able to offer the industry-leading service we’re known for. We’re seeking an experienced accountant to oversee this team in the role of controller. The ideal candidate will have proven industry experience as an accountant, preferably in a senior role. As a strong communicator and skilled financial analyst, you will make it your mission to streamline our budgeting, payroll, and financial reporting processes. You will produce thorough financial-status reports for senior management to help improve our operational efficiency and aid in our continued growth.
Key Job Tasks
- Overall Duties Include:
- Manages all accounting and financial activities by assigning work, checking quality of work, answering questions, and monitoring work flow to ensure timely completion of accounting and finance activities
- Monitors company cash flow situation by updating cash flow projections, investiong excess funds, analyzing long-term debt, and reviewing accounts receivable reports and weekly cash requirements.
- Ensures accurate record keeping and reporting by developing record keeping guidelines
- Prepares income tax expense and estimated tax payment calculations. Prepares company tax returns or reviews tax returns prepared by external accounting firms as appropriate.
- Negotiates purchases of major equipment ans supplies and arranges financing as appropriate.
- May research, analyze, and make recommendations for investment options to the general manager and board of directors as requested.
- Daily Duties Include:
- Maintains ledgers and financial records including general ledger, accounts payable/receivable records, bank reconciliations and cash disbursements in accordance with established guidelines and procedures.
- Prepares various financial statements and reports. Reviews, analyzes and interprets financial data for use by management in assessing financial status of the organization. Prepares regulatory reports and state and federal tax reports as appropriate.
- Prepares, posts and reconciles entries to ensure general ledger balances are accurate. Reconciles bank statements.
Required Experience/Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field plus three years of accounting experience with at least one year in a supervisory capacity.
- Knowledge of state and federal financial reporting laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of financial analysis, reporting, and investment practices.
- Knowledge of auditing, cash management and budgeting.
- Knowledge of accounting policies and procedures.
Beneficial Skills and Expertise:
- Knowledge of telco accounting practices.
- Ability to think creatively and analytically, and make suggestions for improvement.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Ability to effectively present financial information and respond to questions from board of directors, owners, members, etc.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to create a team environment and sustain employee morale.
Salary-based on qualifications
Plus performace bonus
Competitive Benefits Package
- I exceed expectations
- I strive to be the best
- I grow and improve continuously
- I set the example
- I motivate and empower those around me
- I help others to be successful
- I take ownership and pull my weight
- I take responsibility
- I am a team player
- I am open and honest
- I do the right thing
- I respect others
About TruLeap Technologies
TruLeap Technologies is the rebrand of Filer Mutual Telephone Company. We were established in 1909 and reestablished in 2019 as TruLeap. TruLeap provides our customers with high-quality, reliable telecommunications services. For over 100 years we have brought to our customers the most modern technology, outstanding service, and first-class support. As a member-owned co-operative we operate for the benefit of our members and have a strong commitment to the communities in which they live and work.
In 2015, TruLeap saw a need for an established local company to provide responsive managed services. Out of this need, SimplicIT Technical Solutions was formed. SimplicIT takes the same technical expertise and processes from TruLeap and extends them to businesses and schools of the Magic Valley and beyond.