Planning to add a smart speaker to your home? You’ll be happy to know the setup process is pretty straightforward. While the steps will differ somewhat depending on the model of smart speaker, they’ll be something like these:
1. Make sure you have electrical power and Wi-Fi available.
2. Plug in the device.
3. On your phone, download or open the corresponding app.
4. Using the app, go through the setup process and adjust your personal settings.
5. Speak the wake word to activate the device. With Amazon Echo devices, you have three options for what you want the wake word to be.
6. Try a few simple commands like asking the device to tell you the weather or play a song. Using the app, “train” the device on your voice.