- Buy gift cards for future use. Call them or see if they have an online purchase option.
- Shop online from local businesses. If they haven’t offered online shopping before, check again. They may be offering it now.
- Choose local grocery stores and pharmacies over big-box chains when possible.
- Order takeout or delivery, and tip the delivery person generously to help these struggling workers.
- Don’t forget about nonprofits. You can double your community assistance by buying a gift card from a local shop and donating it to a nonprofit.
Small businesses need our support now more than ever to survive this crisis. Please do what you can to help.